This morning as I listened to Christmas music, I felt in the mood to start Christmas baking! So I decided to make my favourite Christmas Pinwheel Cookies! These cookies are simpler to make than you think and are great to bring along to Christmas parties!
Let’s start off by making sugar cookies with my favourite recipe.
Victoria’s Favourite Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cream butter and sugar together well
- Beat in eggs one at a time
- Add vanilla
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt
Now for the fun part … making the pinwheels! Honestly, it’s so much fun!
How to make Rainbow Pinwheel Cookies
What you need:
- Sugar cookie dough
- Red gel food colouring
- Green gel food colouring
- Christmas sprinkles
How to make them:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Divide the sugar cookie dough in half
- Put one half into a mixer, add in red food colouring, and mix until the colour is blended
- Do the same with the other half except with green food colouring
- Take a small piece of dough from each colour and divide each piece into two
- Squish the pieces together and roll it so that it looks like a Christmas beach ball!
- Now roll the ball so that it looks like a snake!
- Starting at one end, wrap the “snake” into a pinwheel
- Roll the side in Christmas sprinkles
- Bake them in the oven on a greased cookie sheet for 8 min
Aren’t they fun? They’re always super popular no matter where I bring them! (Unless you’re bringing them to a health party … after all they are SUGAR cookies!)
Also you can download the printable recipe here!